Tuesday, March 6, 2018

ATS909-X

I have had the ATS909-X since March 1st. I received it in one day after ordering from Amazon. Some very early first impressions.

The radio is built very well. Everything functions as it should. I have read reviews where people talk about the radio having poor sensitivity. I will concur that it is not great when using the whip and on battery power. Plugging in the AC adapter rectifies that situation. I have logged 17 new stations including a beacon out of Wilmington NC. I am located in New Market in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Other logging's include nine new Shortwave, one new Ham, two new FM and three new AM stations. I snagged WBMQ out of Savannah Georgia. They run 48k watts day time power and 47 watts at night.

The radio is a joy to use. Sure, there are features I wish it had like better scanning on the shortwave bands and a more versatile memory function. Warm weather with be soon and I will be able to test in my favorite setting. On my deck hooked up to a 75' Radio Shack wire antenna enjoying a cold beverage.

I plan to do a longer post once nice weather gets here testing this radio against my Tecsun PL-880.

No comments: