Sunday, August 28, 2016

New Listening Post

I found the roll top desk shown below for my new listening post area in the house. It has some sectioned of areas on a shelf that holds most of my portables . As a bonus it is in the area of the house that has the least amount of noise. I was listening back in the bedroom but didn't like being isolated from everything. On top is my Panasonic RF-2200 and Sangean CL-100 weather radio. Inside is a Tecsun PL-880, Radio Shack DX-398, Sony SW7600GR and Tecsun PL-606 on the shelf. Below that is Ambient Weather crank/solar weather radio and a RadioShack PRO-79 scanner.

Update: The desk is kept in our dining room. This turned out to be a terrible location for a listening post. There is way to much noise in this area of the house. I have relocated to our spare bedroom at the back of the house. Unfortunately there is not enough room in this area for desk.

No comments: