Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer Time Is Here

I have been enjoying my Radio Shack DX-398. It arrived in great shape and all features work well. I want to do a comparison test soon between the DX-398, Sony 7600GR, Tecsun PL-606 and Tecsun PL-880. I want to test during the day on medium and shortwave as well as FM. I am working on a list of stations that are tough daytime catches. I will only use the whip and internal antenna testing as that is the way I normally listen. I currently do not have an outside antenna. I do have a Radio Shack 75' wire kit and may put that up in the fall. I would like to own an active loop and maybe the C Crane twin coil medium wave antenna.

I have been spending a lot of time watching videos from the official SWL channel on youtube. You can find his channel here OfficialSWLchannel. I really like the urban DX videos as well as the hangouts. You can get on the mailing list to be notified of a hangout. The hangouts are normally around three hour videos so it takes me about a week to watch one. Plenty of viewing hours left.







No comments: